One thing our house seriously lacks is enough plug points. In its defence it is almost a hundred years ago and back in the day, there weren’t too many gadgets and gizmos requiring electric juice.
Cut to our present-day life. One corner of our living area was a tangle of wires – which I surreptitiously shoved under the sofa whenever we were expecting company. Shhh!
There were a couple of power boards which had every possible device plugged into them: TV, music system, chargers, laptops, tablets, DVD player, wifi connection…
God forbid you needed to unplug anything – it was a mess to rival those dreaded Christmas tree lights. ‘Enough is enough,’ I thought and got down to work.
Here’s my solution:
- First unplug and untangle all wires.
- You know those plastic tabs attached to your packets of bread loaves? Collect a few. Turns out they’re perfect for the job at hand.
- Label the tabs accordingly.
- Affix labels to tabs with clear sticky tape.
- Attach tabs to the right plugs.
- Power on.
Order (and sanity!) restored.
So tell me, is there any area of your house that is a terrible mess – your cutlery drawer, under the sink, your filing system? Given that this solution uses bread tabs, what kind of bread do you like to eat?